Heidi Ingram has a PhD (University of Nottingham, 1998) and Post-Doctoral research experience in Plant Science. Moving out of academia, she worked as a Technical Author for a Telecoms company (Agilent Technologies UK Ltd) where she developed user documentation, online help and training courses for telecommunications testing equipment.
From 2008-2017 she was business manager of an IT consultancy. Since 2011, she also worked as a technical writer/editor, WordPress web designer and computer tutor. Heidi excels in communicating technical information clearly and concisely. She has spent recent years creating successful digital communication channels for community groups, local businesses and individuals using websites and social media. She is highly self-motivated with excellent analytical and organisational skills.
For five years from 2012 she organised a Children’s Poetry Competition and edited and published a booklet of poems entered into the competition. In 2016-17 she edited and updated a local history book (available on the history page of the Garvald village website) to enable it to be digitally archived for posterity.
Recently Heidi has been writing and editing blog articles for www.textileartist.org, combining her skills in technical writing with her passion for embroidery and textile art.
Summary of experience:
- Writing and editing artist interviews for a textile art blog.
- Development of WordPress websites, content-writing, site structure planning, site management/maintenance, GDPR compliance and usability testing.
- One-to-one tuition of computing skills (including using computers, writing and designing documents, file management, accessing the internet, writing for the web and using social media).
- Development, writing and editing of user documentation, on-line help, booklets and website content, research papers and training courses (using a range of software over the years, including Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, Quadralay WebWorks online help software and eLearning applications including PlaceWare, Webex and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Elements, HTML coding.