- TextileArtist.org online articles/course materials (2018 – )
- Garvald.org.uk online and PDF content (2012 – 2020)
- Keysight Technologies (formerly Agilent Technologies) user guides/online help for telecommunications testing products (2001 – 2003)
- University of Nottingham research publications (1995 – 2001)
Helping local community groups and businesses gain a digital presence.
- www.garvald.org.uk – village portal
- www.haddingtonhockey.wordpress.com – hockey clubs
- www.gratebuild.co.uk – fireplace installation
- www.annieandbrigitmusic.wordpress.com – folk music duo
- www.anneraitt.co.uk – personal website
- www.heidiingram.co.uk – textile art
- www.jennytriggs.co.uk – proofreader/editor
Heidi has a PhD (University of Nottingham, 1998) and Post-Doctoral research experience in Plant Science. She worked as a Technical Author for Agilent Technologies UK (now Keysight Technologies) developing user documentation, online help and training courses. She was a part-time business manager for an IT consultancy from 2008-2017 and has worked as a freelance technical writer/editor and WordPress website manager since 2012.
From 2012-16, she organised a Children’s Poetry Competition and published a poetry booklet each year. In 2017 she edited and updated a local history book for digital archiving (available on Garvald village’s history page). In 2018 she worked with a number of local community groups to guide their GDPR compliance processes.
Since 2018 Heidi has been a writer and editor of website and social media content and course materials for TextileArtist.org, combining her skills in technical writing with her passion for embroidery and textile art.
Heidi excels in communicating technical information clearly and concisely. She has experience in G suite, WordPress, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Quadralay WebWorks and eLearning applications including PlaceWare and Webex. She also has basic knowledge of HTML coding.